Is your home inspector a Certified Residential Thermographer?
They are when choose Dream Protection Home Inspection LLC!
We want to offer every home buyer the opportunity to be as comprehensive in their evaluation of this investment as they want to be. We want to customize every inspection to meet your every need.
In the right conditions these cameras help us identify potential issues that may not otherwise be visible to the naked eye such as the ones listed below.
- Plumbing leaks are often identified as moisture can change the temperature of drywall.
- Roof leaks are often detected by moisture changing the temperature on sheathing or at interior walls.
- Dangerous electrical faults can cause over-heating of electrical wires which could be detected.
- Circuit breakers that are overloaded or under-sized will also overheat which could be detected with our cameras.
- Missing or compromised insulation is often identified by the energy loss and temperature differentials.
- Moisture that may have intruded through walls or around door and window openings will also often identify itself by temperature changes.
Infrared cameras are great tools that give us additional insight to every home, but they are not perfect and cannot guarantee to detect every issue every time. These cameras have limitations as they may only be as reliable as the current temperatures and conditions that are present at the time of the inspection. With that said, these cameras also give us as inspectors another opportunity to possibly identify issues that may otherwise not be visually identified by the naked eye. These cameras are able to identify a variance in temperatures that lead our inspectors down a path of investigating potential concerns or issues.